Things To Do In Barcelona
Some popular activities and attractions include:
- Visit the Sagrada Familia: This stunning basilica is one of Barcelona's most famous landmarks and was designed by the legendary architect Antoni Gaudi.
- Stroll down Las Ramblas: This lively pedestrian street is lined with shops, cafes, and street performers, making it a great place to people-watch and soak up the atmosphere.
- Explore Park Guell: Another of Gaudi's masterpieces, Park Guell is a whimsical park with colorful mosaics, sculptures, and stunning views of the city.
- Check out the Gothic Quarter: This historic neighborhood is home to many of Barcelona's oldest buildings and narrow, winding streets that are perfect for exploring.
- Visit the Picasso Museum: This museum houses an extensive collection of works by the famous Spanish artist Pablo Picasso, including many from his early years.
- Relax on the beach: Barcelona has several beaches within easy reach of the city center, including Barceloneta Beach, which is popular with tourists and locals alike.
- Explore the food scene: Barcelona is famous for its delicious food, including tapas, seafood, and Catalan specialties like paella. Be sure to try some of the city's famous dishes and explore the local markets and restaurants.
These are just a few of the many things to do in Barcelona, and there are plenty of other options to suit all interests and budgets. If you are a frequent traveller you might want to consider our Multi Trip Travel Insurance.
Barcelona enjoys a Mediterranean climate with mild, wet winters and hot, dry summers. Here is a breakdown of the average temperatures throughout the year:
Spring (March to May): Average temperatures range from 12°C (53°F) to 20°C (68°F).
Summer (June to August): Average temperatures range from 20°C (68°F) to 28°C (82°F).
Autumn (September to November): Average temperatures range from 16°C (61°F) to 22°C (72°F).
Winter (December to February): Average temperatures range from 8°C (46°F) to 15°C (59°F).
Barcelona can be visited throughout the year, but the peak tourist season is from June to August, when the weather is warm and sunny. The spring and autumn months are also a good time to visit, as the temperatures are mild and the crowds are smaller. The winter months can be chilly and wet, but there are still plenty of indoor activities to enjoy.
Las Ramblas Barcelona
Las Ramblas is divided into several sections, each with its own unique atmosphere and attractions. At the top of the street, near Plaça de Catalunya, you'll find some of the city's largest department stores and shopping centers. Moving down the street, you'll encounter street performers and artists, as well as the colorful La Boqueria market, which is famous for its fresh produce, seafood, and other local delicacies.
Further down the street, you'll come across the Gothic Quarter, which is home to many of Barcelona's oldest buildings and narrow, winding streets that are perfect for exploring. Las Ramblas ends at the Columbus Monument, which marks the beginning of the city's picturesque waterfront.
Overall, Las Ramblas is a must-visit attraction for anyone visiting Barcelona, as it captures the city's unique blend of history, culture, and contemporary flair.
Barcelona has many hotels to suit different budgets and preferences. Some popular options include:
- Mandarin Oriental Barcelona: A luxurious hotel located on Passeig de Gràcia, one of the city's most fashionable streets. Hotel Arts Barcelona: A five-star hotel located on the seafront with stunning views of the Mediterranean.
- W Barcelona: A trendy hotel shaped like a sail and located on Barceloneta Beach.
- Casa Bonay: A boutique hotel housed in a restored 19th-century building in the Eixample neighborhood.
- Hotel 1898: A stylish hotel located on Las Ramblas with a rooftop pool and terrace.
- Ohla Barcelona: A design hotel located in the Gothic Quarter with a Michelin-starred restaurant.
- H10 Casa Mimosa: A charming hotel located in a modernist building in the Eixample neighborhood.
- Grand Hotel Central: A luxury hotel located in the heart of the city with a rooftop pool and bar.
- Emergency Assistance 24/7 - 365
- Personal Accident Up to £25,000
- Cancellations Per Person Up to £5,000
- Emergency Medical Expenses Up to £15 million
- Delayed & Missed Departure Cover
- Baggage Cover