Things To Do In Prague
Prague, the capital of the Czech Republic, is a popular holiday destination known for its stunning architecture, rich history, and vibrant culture.
Some popular things to do in Prague include:
- Visit the Charles Bridge: A 14th-century bridge that offers beautiful views of the city, and is lined with statues of saints.
- Explore the Old Town Square: The heart of the city, the square is home to many historical buildings, including the famous Astronomical Clock.
- Visit the Prague Castle: A magnificent castle that dates back to the 9th century and offers stunning views of the city.
- Take a walk along the Vltava River: The river is a great place to relax and take in the sights and sounds of the city.
- Visit the St. Vitus Cathedral: A beautiful Gothic cathedral that is located within the Prague Castle complex.
- Explore the Jewish Quarter: The quarter is home to several synagogues, the Old Jewish Cemetery, and the Jewish Museum.
- Visit the Lennon Wall: A colorful wall covered in graffiti and John Lennon-inspired art.
- Take a trip to the Petrin Hill: It offers great views of the city, and is home to several attractions, including the Petrin Tower, an observation tower.
- Visit the National Museum: it houses a wide range of exhibits on the history of the Czech Republic, from prehistoric times to the present day.
- Take a stroll around Wenceslas Square: It's one of the main squares in the city and a popular spot for shopping, dining, and people-watching.
What is the best time of year to visit Prague?
The best time to visit Prague depends on what you want to see and do during your trip. Generally, the peak tourist season in Prague is from late spring to early autumn, from May to September. During this time, the weather is usually mild to warm, making it perfect for exploring the city on foot and enjoying outdoor activities. The city is also at its most vibrant during this period, with many festivals and events taking place throughout the summer months.
Prague can also be a great destination during the winter months. The city is beautifully decorated with Christmas lights and markets, and the cold weather can add to the charm of the city. The crowds are also smaller during this time, which can make it easier to navigate the city and see the main sights.
In general, the best time to visit Prague will depend on what you want to see and do during your trip, and also depends on your preference of weather. No matter what time of year you visit, there are always plenty of things to do in Prague.
If you prefer mild weather and want to enjoy outdoor activities, then late spring to early autumn is the best time to visit. If you prefer a more festive atmosphere and don't mind the cold, then winter can be a great time to visit.
- Emergency Assistance 24/7 - 365
- Personal Accident Up to £25,000
- Cancellations Per Person Up to £5,000
- Emergency Medical Expenses Up to £15 million
- Delayed & Missed Departure Cover
- Baggage Cover